Mission & Philosophy
The Kalabharathi School of Dance is committed to promote and present Bharathanatyam, an ancient South Indian dance form, through instructional classes and professional performances.
We aim to have a multi-cultural approach to our presentations, so that audiences of all backgrounds may experience and enjoy this rich classical dance form.
Our goal is to promote this dance form as a cultural bridge so that we may share the peace and spirituality that is an integral part of this form of artistic expression.
News and Events
Come see Varsha Vasudevan (Arangetram) at Tualatin High School! Her performance will feature songs by the…
Kalabharathi School of Dance is a Premier dance school and dance company
- Celebrating its 29th year in Oregon.
- Approved center for Bharathanatyam certification with APAA, India
- Award winning, sold out productions- many partially supported by Regional Arts &Culture Council.
- Liasons with several renowned multi-cultural groups in Portland.
- Performances in and around Oregon and Washington
- Over 100 students currently enrolled in 5 different categories
- Over 29 high quality Arangetrams over the last 15 years